The NSC annual meeting was Tuesday, June 8, at 6:00 PM in the pavilion at the Zenner Road soccer fields.
Thank you to the small group of parents who attended the meeting.
The following are the positions that were voted on, and a brief summary of the responsibilities.
- Coordinate and supervise the administration of the Club
- Chair the Board of Directors
- Execute documents on behalf of the Club
- Recommend appointments to committees
- Discharge the responsibilities of the Board
1st Vice President
- Responsible for duties of President if the President is absent for any reason
- Special projects
2nd Vice President
- Special projects
- Assist in duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the President or Board
- Take accurate notes/minutes at Board meetings
- Distribute minutes to Board prior to next meeting
Treasurer & Assistant Treasurer
- Responsible for Club funds
- Maintain records of all receipts, deposits, disbursements, transactions, etc.
- Report to Board current status of books
- Assist with fundraising
Registrar & Assistant Registrar
- Coordinate Club registration
- Maintain and keep accurate records of team rosters
- Submit rosters to CDYSL
- With the support of the Board, help form a tournament committee and oversee the general operations of the Niskayuna Soccer Classic, including sponsorships, scheduling, registration, referees, vendors, volunteers, etc.
Field & Equipment Manager(s)
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, inventory, storage and cleaning of equipment, and overall field conditions
- Organize volunteers to assist in Spring and Fall Field Days to help prepare fields & equipment for the outdoor season, organize and store materials at the end of the season
- As a representative of the NSC, attend monthly Capital District Youth Soccer League (CDYSL) meetings and report to the Club’s Board of Directors
Positions are open to anyone (age 18+) that are interested in developing and encouraging the programs and activities of the Niskayuna Soccer Club.
Each position has a term that lasts for 1 year, from July 1st through the end of the subsequent Club season.
Voting was open to all “Voting Members” of the Club – each parent or legal guardian listed on a player’s registration form, all coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, and any elected or appointed members of the Board.